In this fun introduction to the major wine growing regions around the world you will taste and compare international and South African wines at every class. From the classics of Bordeaux and Burgundy right through to the new world wines from Australia, New Zealand and Chile.!
Lecture 1 » Bordeaux, The Loire Regions, Burgundy, The Rhone Valley Regions; France: Alsace, Champagne Regions
Lecture 2 » Germany, Italy & Spain (including Sherry) Portugal (Including Port)
Lecture 3 » New World: California, Chile, Argentina, Australia & New Zealand
Exam » Theory - One and a half hours
Who should do the Course?
The Wines of the World Course is ideal for friends and students interested in tasting and experiencing an overview of international wines.
The course comprises 6 lectures over 1 day and an exam or via correspondence.
All lectures include tastings and a course manual
Course times: 07:45–16:30
Cost: R 1950 per person for the 1 day course (Incl: teas & lunches)
Enquire Now: Click Here
WINES OF THE WORLD COURSE - 2017
Step into the international world of wines and broaden your international wine knowledge. Explore the world’s wine regions and discover the interesting wines that they produce. From France to Australia and the Americas!
With International wines becoming more available in South Africa, this course will benefit your personal knowledge and if you have a career in the wine tourism industry, i.e. hotels, wine shops, wine farms; it would be a benefit in your career path.
For people interested in proceeding to the Diploma Wine Course, this would be a valuable stepping stone to this next level as an introduction to international wine regions.
Lecture 1 France: Bordeaux, the Loire Regions, Burgundy & the Rhône Regions
Lecture 2 France: Alsace, Champagne Regions, Germany,
Italy & Spain (including Sherry) Portugal (Including Port)
Lecture 3 New World: California, Chile, Argentina, Australia & New Zealand
Exam Theory Examination – 1½ hours
Day Course: Cape Town
Stellenbosch: Morgenhof Wine Estate, Stellenbosch
|Friday 19th May
||Tuesday 30th May
Cape Town: King David Mowbray Golf Club, Pinelands
|Saturday 19th August
||Thursday 24th August
|Stellenbosch: Jordan Wine Estate
||Friday 10th November
||Thursday 16th November
Day Course: Gauteng
Sandton: The Capital 20 West
|Saturday 18th Febuary
||Monday 13th March
Sandton: Balalaika Hotel
|Saturday 12th August
||Monday 28th August
TIME: 07h45 – 16h30
COST*: R2 200 per person - 1 day course (Inc. teas, snacks & lunch)
COST*: R1 000 - Correspondence
* Note prices valid until end Dec 2017 only, courses in 2018 are subject to a price increase.
- To join one of our courses complete the application form below and return to us, together with confirmation of your payment or a deposit.
- Remember to specify the chosen starting date and venue.
- 3 days prior to the commencement of the course, notification and directions to the course venue will be forwarded to you.
- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes before the starting time of the course to facilitate registration.
- Bring a pen or pencil and extra paper should you wish to make additional notes.
- Cape Wine Academy promotes responsible use of alcohol. We recommend the use of spittoons supplied at the tastings, to reduce the excessive consumption of wine during the tastings.
- It is advisable to eat a meal before the start of each class.
- Please don’t wear perfume or aftershave when attending the classes – it affects everyone’s ability to smell the wine.
DRINKING AND DRIVING RESPONSIBLY
Remember a sober driver is best. The Cape Wine Academy encourages all students to spit. The
legal limit is TWO standard units. If you are over the limit please be responsible and make arrangements for your collection.
Cape Wine Academy is a member of ARA (Association for Responsible Alcohol Use)
Below is a list of taxi/designated driver service telephone numbers for Cape Town:
Cab On Call: 021-671-1677
Royal Limousine Services: 083-406-8787
Cab X Press: 021-448-1616
Cab Co: 0861-36-7222
Night Owls: 0861-64-83695
Good Fellas: 0861-43-3552
Scooter Angels: 0861-46-4663
Below is a list of taxi/designated driver service telephone numbers for Gauteng:
Zebra Cabs JHB: 0861 105 105
Cabs for Women: 0861 777 778
Cab4U: 073 037 9741
GoodFellas: 0861 433 552
Corporate Cabs: 0800 800 800